· Ripe or unripe plantains · Vegetable oil (for frying) · Salt (to taste)
If using ripe plantains, make sure they are just beginning to ripe and still very firm. If not, the chips will not be crunchy.
1. Wash and peel the plantains.
2. Use a vegetable slicer to thinly slice them into a bowl of cold water. The water helps them maintain their colour. The slices should be 2mm thin.
3. Add salt to the slices and stir the water to distribute the salt.
4. Transfer to a sieve to drain.
5. Heat some vegetable oil and fry them on high heat, stirring constantly.
6. The chips get fried in no time so keep an eye on it and transfer to a paper lined sieve when done.
7. When cool, store in airtight containers and munch to your pleasure.
Note: When putting the sliced plantains into the hot oil, ensure that they fall into the oil in single pieces. If they fall into the oil in clusters, they will be stuck together.
How To Prepare Plantain Chips
This Post Has 33 Comments
Very good informate
I would like to try it
It will help those who don’t know how to prepare it
That is my business
Wow so simple, and I will like to try it
A very lucrative business
Wow so simple, and I will like to try it and good
With this alone I can do it on my own
That’s nice ? business i try it
I will do it
Thanks to you. I now know how to make plantain chips
Thanks,I will try making it.
I will surely try it. Very simple
I used to love plantain chips as a child, especially the ripe one.
Plantain chips is one of my favorite snack
I like to try it it’s simple
This is very inspiring
That’s my favorite
Wow. Wonderful piece of information. Thanks for sharing ??
I love this
Wow.. I will try it
Easy to prepare